PDA

View Full Version : SOLVED Kernel Cheat (Windows Test Mode) - This is not a cheat.

B5353
03-07-2023, 02:30 PM
I got a surprise when this came up - "Kernel Cheat (Windows Test Mode)".

I'm an old school player who has played since 1999.

I enabled Windows Test mode many years ago.

For two reasons, IIRC: 1.) Android ADB fastboot drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus Phone to flash Cyanogenmod
2.) I may have tried to increase the hz of the USB driver.

I left it enabled because there didn't seem any reason to turn it back off.

At first the website was saying in the scan results "Detection before - No", it seems when the first two scan results that stated "Kernel Cheat (Windows Test Mode)" disappeared from the list, since I have run 13 scans, now it says "Detection before - Yes" all the time.

My suggestions:
1.) Windows Test Mode is not in itself a cheat. You should not categorise this as a positive detection.
2.) Detected before should clearly say no, as no cheats are detected.
3.) By saying detected before "Yes" it looks as though I have cheated on the game. Which is not true.
4.) You should put the detected, problematic or suspicious items separately in a list of previous detected problems, so that people can see what these are, instead of having the text disappear off the screen after 10 more scans. As the message "Detected before - Yes" makes it sound like I was detected for cheating.
5.) You could warn clean users after a scan to turn off window test mode instead of blacklisting them or warn them pre-detection to disable it.

One meaning of the word cheat is "act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.", which is not the case here.

<b>You have to register to ba able to see this link</b>

Thanks

Tiger
03-07-2023, 10:41 PM
1) If you read "About" page I said that is not actually a cheat.

There's 0 reason to use this test mode on your computer. You are not a kernel-mode driver developer to have this feature enabled on your computer and even most of them don't have this feature enabled on their computer and uses systems for testing...

ADB doesn't require an unsigned driver... Also, what do you mean by "hz of the USB driver" - I think you mean something else...

2) You have a detection, regardless of detection type, so it's normal to say YES.
3) Actually, yes.
4) They can use search.
5) You should read ABOUT the app before using it.