-- Closed Thread
  1. Windows 10 kernel mode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Achievements Total Posts 1 Days Since Last Visited 1 Days Registered 1

Thumbs down Windows 10 kernel mode

Hi all,

I am an old cs 1.6 player, playing since 2002...

I had never used any nor i would use cheats.

I was scanned with this wargods thingy... and it shows cheat been detected by this wargods sccan ( it shows i have windows kernel mode cheat)

I have an old mx518 mouse, which is capped at 125 Hz, in order to overclock it- so it works on 250 Hz, windows 10 test mode has to be turned on.. and for such reasons i have to have windows 10 kernel mode on.

Can you please explain to me why overclocking a mouse is considered cheating?

2. Windows 10 kernel mode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can someone please reply, my online reputation is at stake.
    I have been falsely accused of using cheats , and i dont even know how to install them.

3. Windows 10 kernel mode

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Achievements Mentions Received 3 Mentions Given 2 Mentions Received 2 Mentions Received 1 Mentions Given 1 Threads Rating Received 2 Threads Rating Received 1 Visitor Messages Received 1
    Doneaza
    Sustine Comunitatea WarGods!
    Fii unul de-al nostru! Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar
    Click aici pentru a face o Donatie

Isn't because of your mouse, it's because you activated Test Signing Mode on Windows. This mode allows you to load self-signed drivers that can manipulate wCD behavior.

There's no reason for you to use Test-Signing-Mode, you aren't a kernel-mode driver developer and in most of the cases these tests are made on multiple computers (with multiple Windows versions). Another reason why you shouldn't enable Test-Signing mode is because you can get a rootkit/bootkit.

To disable Test-Signing Mode please follow these instructions: You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!

4. Windows 10 kernel mode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!
    Isn't because of your mouse, it's because you activated Test Signing Mode on Windows. This mode allows you to load self-signed drivers that can manipulate wCD behavior.

There's no reason for you to use Test-Signing-Mode, you aren't a kernel-mode driver developer and in most of the cases these tests are made on multiple computers (with multiple Windows versions). Another reason why you shouldn't enable Test-Signing mode is because you can get a rootkit/bootkit.

To disable Test-Signing Mode please follow these instructions: You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!
    Hi,

I know i am not a windows kernel developer. I don't know if you read my previous comment correctly.

I have a Logitech Mx518 mouse. If you go and download a software for that mouse from their Official website, you can see when you install that software is that the 125 Hz polling rate is only option you have for mx518. This was done intentionally by the Manufacturer, in order to prologue "Mouse's life"... As when Overclocked, mouse can run 500 Hz... ( but it is too fast )....

In order to Increase mx518 polling rate, I have to have unsigned drivers loaded in, and to have unsigned drivers loaded in, i have to have Windows Test Mode.

Yes, I have windows 10 test mode just to have mx518 working on 250 Hz. That is NOT CHEAT.

If you can SHOW me, how else I can have MX518 mouse working on 250Hz without windows 10 test mode ON, please tell me.
    Last edited by Nisam_ja; 14-02-2020 at 10:11 AM.

5. Windows 10 kernel mode

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Achievements Mentions Received 3 Mentions Given 2 Mentions Received 2 Mentions Received 1 Mentions Given 1 Threads Rating Received 2 Threads Rating Received 1 Visitor Messages Received 1
    Doneaza
    Sustine Comunitatea WarGods!
    Fii unul de-al nostru! Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar
    Click aici pentru a face o Donatie

That's not our problem. Don't use suspicious self-signed drivers. This detection alerts suspicious activity, not a cheat one. You shouldn't have Test Signing Mode enabled.

6. Windows 10 kernel mode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I understand.

But there is no other way I can overclock this old mouse unless Logitech Manufacturers Developers put the "overclock" option in their official drivers.

Since this is an mouse from somearound 2005.. i don't see this happening...

Anyway, as a gamer who loves Counter strike 1.6 I feel offended to be considered a cheater. And thus I had to say something, my Steam is VAC clean (STEAM_0:1:1183378) - it has been since 2004.

I will repeat one last time, Overclocking a mouse isn't a cheat, and there is no other method available for windows 10 x64 without enabling test mode for mx518 mouse.

P.s. You should update your "FAQ" section for Windows Kernel Mode, as it says on romanian language ( when google translated) that there is no VALID reason to have a windows kernel mode on, well - I, and the older generation of gamers, have to resort to those measures.

P.s. P.s. This detection alerts suspicious activity, not a cheat one. - I am now marked as a cheater by your software. This was the sole reason why I had registered to clear my name.

Have a nice day,

lega
    Last edited by Nisam_ja; 15-02-2020 at 03:26 PM.