Freak WebHosting
+ Reply to Thread
  1. False-Positive Detection

False-Positive Detection

RAPORT: You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!
    ANTIVIRUS: Windows Defender
    Additional information:

I play on NonSteam build from warzone.

wCD -> Cstrike (dlls/executables/scripts): roundendblock_mm.dll is marked as Unknown.
    This file came along with the LAN server v4.6.5 from kz-rush.ru community.

wCD -> CFG: default.cfg (MD5: 05C06BB2F46283B8A89722D958F5CAEF) (Size: 1905) (Alias count: 2) (Lines: 111) (Binary: False) -> Whitelisted.

Code:
    You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!
    GAME MEMORY DUMP LINK: You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account! I PM'd the password to Tiger.

P.S. - If you cover NonSteam related wCD issues and have the time, please look into it, because I don't know what triggers it, and admins are like: "Let's see... oh a 'Generic Cheat Detection', alright. Ban." I've included all the info I could find. Much appreciated!

2. False-Positive Detection

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Doneaza
    Sustine Comunitatea WarGods!
    Fii unul de-al nostru! Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar
    Click aici pentru a face o Donatie

Do you have applications which integrates with other applications (e.g.: teamviewer, fps overlays, etc.)? There are 2 (small) suspicious memory regions but I can't find out if they are a part of a cheat, malware or legit application.

Regarding roundendblock_mm.dll, you can upload it here if you want to whitelist it.

LE: From what I see you have Norton Internet Security, can you close your CS, add your CS in Norton's whitelist, run CS and test it again? I suspect that Norton Internet Security is at fault.

3. False-Positive Detection

So, I updated my Norton Internet Security Suit, and whitelisted both hl.exe and (wCD).exe. Then I did the You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account! , and good news - I'm clean! Yay! No need to alter your software!

But before I did the scan I managed to do some work to answer your other two questions.

Do you have applications which integrates with other applications (e.g.: teamviewer, fps overlays, etc.)? There are 2 (small) suspicious memory regions but I can't find out if they are a part of a cheat, malware or legit application.
    - Nothing that I personally have installed for the purpose of running it in the background whilst I'm playing. I got this computer from my friend from Switzerland. He used to play minecraft and make content about it for youtube. Also, he and I use various music and audio related software. That's about all I can think of. I attached a list of programs I have on my pc if it helps.

Code:
    You have to register to be able to see this link. Register HERE! If you are already a member please log in! If you still you are not able to see the link you need to activate your account or an administrator need to activate your account!
    Regarding roundendblock_mm.dll, you can upload it here if you want to whitelist it.
    - I can, but is it only going to whitelist this particular version of the file? As far as I know the author actively makes updates and a new version of this file could come out and potentially cause issues in the future if not for me then for someone else. If the file is the reason why wCD reports a Generic Cheat Detection, only then I will whitelist it (my last scan report shows it is not the case).

4. False-Positive Detection

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Doneaza
    Sustine Comunitatea WarGods!
    Fii unul de-al nostru! Doneaza
    Doneaza in Cont Bancar
    Click aici pentru a face o Donatie

I suspected it's Norton's fault for causing this issue. I deleted all your false-positives.

And yes, it will be only for that file - any modification to that file will change the hash of the file, thus it won't be in whitelist anymore. And no, this file can't cause "Generic Cheat Detection" if the author doesn't implement something suspicious in this module.